A longtime rural resident, I use my 60 plus years of life learning to opinionate here and elsewhere on the “interweb” on everything from politics to environmental issues. A believer in reasonable discourse rather than unhelpful attacks I try to give positive input to the blogesphere, so feel free to comment upon rural issues or anything else posted here. But don’t be surprised if you comments get zapped if you are not polite in your replys.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Infrastructure Projects??

"Mr. Harper, who announced 15 new infrastructure projects at a news conference yesterday with B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell, weaved Olympic themes throughout his comments, including those about the economic recovery."

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t they say that 99 / 95% of the funds were “committed” some months ago and that the deadline for “applications” has passed?
Could this be more “renouncements”, they were previously lying, or simply more PR on the backs of our Olympians?

Update – I knew I had seen it somewhere these are direct quotes from the government web site in Oct of last year from my post from Oct 11th 2009, naturally those pages no longer exist but I am sure some enterprising individuals can find other quotes from new articles of the period.

Our Government …..ooops, sorry, Harpers Government says that “90 per cent of the stimulus funding for this fiscal year has now been committed” - “More than $7.6 billion in federal funds have been committed to more than 4,700 provincial, territorial and municipal infrastructure projects” and “Our Economic Action Plan is helping create or maintain an estimated 220,000 Canadian jobs by the end of 2010."

Ok, I get it, that was LAST YEARS stimulus now we are working on this years stimulus, wonder if we will be keeping better track of it this year?

No comments: